Surgical Technician- Women’s Center (FT/PRN)
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of an RN, the OB Tech provides assistance in patient care in accordance with MRMC patient care standards. The OB Tech performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Matagorda Regional Medical Center. The OB Tech is responsible for the clerical, receptionist, nursing assistant, and OR tech functions essential to delivering efficient patient care in Labor & Delivery and the Perinatal Unit. He/she transcribes physician orders, maintains accurate patient and unit records, provides attendance to basic patient needs, scrubs in for cesarean sections and other OB-related surgeries done in the L&D Operating Room, and maintains the ORs, LDRs and perinatal rooms with necessary supplies and equipment.
- Graduate of Surgical Technologist program or equivalent experience.
- One year of experience in an acute care setting desired.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the provision of patient care and performs delegate functions in compliance with hospital and nursing policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Demonstrates techniques of basic asepsis in required duties.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills.
- Supports the hospitals philosophy, goals, and objectives in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in meeting age-related and disabled patient’s needs.
- Acknowledges and responds to the hospital’s operating guidelines for communication, conflict resolution and behavior towards others.
- Demonstrates patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Demonstrates knowledge through compliance with all hospital and departmental policies, protocols, and procedures.
- BLS certification
To apply online, complete the Employment Application here and include position or positions you are applying for.You may also download the PDF application here and submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.