The MRMC Wellness Center is open for outdoor group training classes October 5-19, 2020. After this 2 week period, the indoor gym will open for operation with COVID-19 safety operating procedures in place.
MRMC’s Wellness Center is the hub of physical activity and healthy lifestyle choices for Matagorda County residents. Our expert wellness associates welcome those enrolled in local employee wellness programs, patients whose physician has prescribed or recommended an exercise regimen, and those who are transitioning from a physical rehabilitation program. For more information, call us at (979) 241-5700.
Wellness Memberships Include:
• One-On-One Equipment Orientation: Covers safety, wellness facility etiquette, proper usage of equipment and more.
• Health Risk Assessment (HRA): Review health history and current health status, and record baseline measurements.
• Personalized strength and conditioning program with workout planning and goal development.
• Nutrition Consultation: Improve diet and eating habits.
• Thirty Day Check-In: Review progress and finalize your personal Health 360° plan.
• Access to group exercise classes (chair yoga, POP Pilates, Bootcamp, etc.) at no additional charge.
Beginning with an in-depth understanding of your current health status and establishing a clear path to your personal fitness and wellness goals, a qualified Health 360° consultant will help get you on the road to achieving or maintaining optimal health.
Health & Wellness programs are offered at the MRMC Wellness & Rehabilitation Center. The center is also known as “the dome.”
MRMC Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
135 Medical Center Drive
Bay City, TX 77414
Phone: (979) 241-5700
Fax: (979) 241-5720
October 5th through the 19th, our schedule is:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Group exercise classes will be held at three different times; 7:15 am, 8:15 am, and 5:00 pm. There also will be an outside yoga class held every Monday at 5:30 pm.
- The group exercises classes will be open to all members and even non-members free of charge.
- Friday hours are 7:00 am-2:00 pm, which will include outside group exercise session along with one on one training.
- From 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. we will be offering individuals the use of our outside equipment (hand held equipment such as dumbbells and bands) and, we will offer one-on-one personal training for our normal rates (except for Fridays).
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- We will be open for one on one training at our usual rates;
- Members will be able to use the outside equipment.
Closed Saturdays and Sundays
The MRMC Wellness Center will reopen for indoor activities on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 and will resume a normal schedule with COVID-19 safety measures in place.
In addition to the reduced hours and limited access outlined above, members should expect the following:
- Mask will be required during the use of all equipment.
- Members are asked to practice social distancing at all times.
- 15 members will be allowed at a time with a limit of 60 minute workouts, members can call ahead to check availability.
- All group exercises classes are cancelled until further notice.
- Cleaning stations have been setup with Hospital-grade cleaners.
- Staff members will close operations to perform a deep clean at 6:00am, 11:30am, and 6:30pm.
All members have access to the workout equipment and walking track during posted business hours. General access is included with the monthly membership fee.
Our certified personal trainers are here to motivate, educate, and provide individualized instruction that will help you achieve optimal results. All of our personal trainers are certified and have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree to supplement. This has further prepared them to be more effective in helping you reach your personal fitness and wellness goals through the teaching of safe, effective exercises and training techniques. In addition to personal training, we offer structural stretching, which is ideal for anyone seeking additional mobility and flexibility.
$25 per session*
$40 per session*
Bring a friend to your session
$10 additional charge
* Discounted prices available when purchasing multiple sessions. See your trainer for details on the latest specials.
This 90-minute Sports Performance Training is ideal for athletes of all ages looking for a customized, sport-specific workout plan that will enhance their overall performance. Whether you’re in off-season or mid-season, we will take you to the next level by designing innovative workouts that fit your individual needs and are based on the sport you are training for. We help athletes of all levels to excel by building strength and power while decreasing weaknesses and risk of injury.
Due to an increase in COVID-19 activity in our community, the MRMC Wellness Center is currently closed.
Bootcamp – 9:00am
Chair Yoga – 5:00pm
Chair Yoga – 7:00am
Chair Yoga – 8:00am
POP Pilates – 9:15am
Cycling – 11:00am
Bootcamp – 11:00am
Bootcamp – 2:00pm
POP Pilates – 4:30pm
Yoga – 5:30pm
Cycling – 11:00am
Bootcamp – 9:00am