Registered Respiratory Therapist (PRN-Nights)
Main Hospital Campus in Bay City, Texas
Posted 6 days ago
Licensed by the Texas Medical Board as an Respiratory Care Practitioner.
ACLS certification required if assigned to Cardiac Rehabilitation
One year of clinical experience in a accredited hospital cardio pulmonary department.
Demonstrates competence in all skills addressed in this job description.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers Therapeutic Gases as prescribed in accordance with accepted procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications via inhalation.
- Administers humidified therapeutic gases as prescribed.
- Monitor patient’s physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to manage patient care.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors continuous positive airway pressure as outlined in the department procedure manual.
- Responsible for set up and function of continuous mechanical ventilation.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
- Perform pulse oximetry.
- Perform electrocardiography exams.
- Perform Holter Monitor exams.
- Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
- Complies with hospital policy regarding attendance, time, and personal appearance/hygiene.
- Perform pulmonary function and adjust equipment to obtain optimum results in therapy.
- Perform bronchopulmonary drainage and assist or instruct patients in performance of breathing exercises.
- Demonstrate respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
- Use a variety of testing techniques to assist doctors in cardiac and pulmonary research and to diagnose disorders.
- Make emergency visits to resolve equipment problems.
- Conduct tests, such as electrocardiograms, stress testing, and lung capacity tests, to evaluate patients’ cardiopulmonary functions.
To apply online, complete the Employment Application here and include position or positions you are applying for.You may also download the PDF application here and submit directly to email@example.com.