Certified surgical technologist works under the supervision of a surgeon, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel to ensure that the operating room or environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedures are conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Possess expertise in the theory of application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician’s performance.
Graduate of Surgical Technologist program or equivalent experience.
Certification Surgical Technician required.
One year of experience in an acute care setting desired.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in the provision of patient care and performs delegate functions in compliance with hospital and nursing policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Demonstrates techniques of basic asepsis in required duties.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills.
- Supports the hospitals philosophy, goals, and objectives in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in meeting age-related and disabled patient’s needs.
- Acknowledges and responds to the hospital’s operating guidelines for communication, conflict resolution and behavior towards others.
- Demonstrates patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Demonstrates knowledge through compliance with all hospital and departmental policies, protocols, and procedures.