Lead Photo: (L to R) Beverly Trombatore, Heather Nichols Walters, and Davine Howell pose with a photo of themselves 10 years ago closing down the old Medical-Surgical unit and opening the new unit at the new MRMC Campus.
It’s been 10 years since MRMC moved in to its new campus in Bay City, and thanks to our dedicated care teams, administrators, and community supporters, we have plenty to celebrate! In the past decade, your hospital has…
• Welcomed over 21,500 patients seeking inpatient care.
• Helped over 160,000 people seeking emergency care.
• Performed over 14,000 surgical procedures.
• Celebrated over 4,400 new birthdays in the Women’s Center and obtained Neonatal State Designation for our Level 1 nursery.
• Supported over 1,600 seniors with mental health needs through care delivered by Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Trained and Certified staff.
• Maintained status as an American Nursing Credentialing Center Pathway to Excellence Designated Organization since 2015.
• Raised over $2.5M through the MRMC Foundation in support of the hospital’s mission of delivering quality and compassionate healthcare.
• Added or improved medical technology in multiple areas including the addition of state-of-the-art 3D Mammography and a 64-slice CT scanner.
• Constructed a 20,000 ft2 Texas Safe Shelter and Medical Wellness and Rehabilitation Center in partnership with county, city, and regional supporters.
• Improved access to care by establishing new service lines and surgical procedures such as cardiac catheterization, telemedicine, sleep medicine, outpatient wound care, and an inpatient dialysis suite.
• Opened the 40,000 ft2 Doman Freeman Phillips Medical Office Building to welcome new permanent and visiting medical providers in high-demand specialties.
• Penned over $4.7M in grants to improve hospital services.
• Collected MRMC Auxiliary gift shop sales of $1.1M benefitting the hospital and local scholarship recipients.
• Strengthened partnerships with regional provider organizations through expanded hours and locations including the Urgent Care services and the WIC clinic in Palacios.
• Maintained Joint Commission Accreditation and received multiple awards including the Texas Medical Association’s Texas Health Care Quality Improvement Silver Award, CXPA’s Customer Experience Impact Award, and Healthgrades’ Patient Safety Excellence Award.