Functions as a receptionist, performs general clerical duties, assist with bed turnover, and answer call bells when needed. Works closely with Nursing, Medical Staff and ancillary departments.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors and staff.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills and a professional behavior while completing multiple urgent tasks in a timely manner
- Enter charges on ED patients
- Scans in ED patient charts
- Answers phones
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible for all aspects of transfer paperwork
Acquires the following competency certification within 3 months of hire: BLS
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional multitasking and time-management skills.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Minimum two years basic clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting.
- High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred
- Should have working knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. (Including legible writing)
- Must be able to see and hear well.
- Must be able to interact with all people in a positive, professional manner.
Must be able to work with constant interruptions and accurately complete assigned duties