Physical Therapist (FT/PRN)
The Physical Therapist assumes responsibility and accountability for patients and provides physical therapy evaluations/re-evaluations, modalities, and treatments in accordance with established hospital/department policies and procedures and within a physical therapist’s scope of practice. Accurately assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate physical therapy interventions; provides patient and family teaching; and works cooperatively with other patient-team personnel and maintain standards of professional physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
Current Texas License and registered with the American Physical Therapy Association; graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program; new graduates are accepted. Current CPR
Maintain high ethical and professional standards. Flexible in meeting the needs of the department (i.e. floating between hospital, wound care, and outpatient, schedule changes, weekends/holidays.) Attend department meetings and participates in quality improvement. Follows policies and procedures. Reports to work on time. Assist with training new staff members. Maintains continuing education requirements. Assists with controlling inventory. Excellent communication skills.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:.
- Knowledge of and ability to practice within the scope of Physical Therapy
- Knowledge and ability to utilize evidence based practice and develop the plan of care and interventions
- Knowledge and ability to effectively and appropriately supervise Physical Therapist Assistants and Physical Therapist Aide/Technician
- Knowledge of healthcare terminology, anatomy, physiology, and concepts of diseases
- Skill in maintaining patient records including evaluation, re-evaluation, discharge summary and abiding by HIPPA
- Knowledge of and enforces the practice of universal precautions and adheres to isolation and sterile techniques when applicable
- Skill in operation of a computer and various software.
To apply online, complete the Employment Application here and include position or positions you are applying for.You may also download the PDF application here and submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.