Under the direction of the licensed nurse, performs various patient care activities including, assisting with ADL’s, phlebotomy, 12 lead EKG testing, taking of vital signs, transporting patients, bed turnover, and related support services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients in the Emergency Department.
- NOVA Stat Strip
- Administers directed nursing care to designated patients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Independent practice is not permitted.
- Assist in delivery of quality patient care.
- Functions as a member of the patient care team.
- Interact with all people in a positive professional manner.
- Able to work with constant interruptions and completes assigned duties.
- Provide prompt, efficient reception support for the unit.
- Facilitate the movement of patient into and out of unit.
- Coordinate with patient transport and admission personnel regarding admission and transfers.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
- High school graduate or GED.
- Previous clerical, CNA, ER Tech experience, EMT or specialty healthcare training
- Current CPR required or other certification based on areas of responsibility.