- Demonstrates an understanding of cross-sectional human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology to obtain optimal studies.
- Evaluates accuracy and quality of scan results.
- Maintains knowledge in all facets of performing the optimal studies including pertinent clinical history and related diagnostic procedures, ultrasound physics, normal anatomy and pathological variants.
- Demonstrates competency in production, use, recognition and analysis of images and waveforms used for patient diagnosis and treatment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience as an Echo Technician preferred.
- Graduate of certified training program and/or Echo certified registration preferred
- ACLS Certified (may be obtained post-hire)
- BLS Certified form American Heart Association
- Perform lower and upper arterial and venous exams as ordered
- Perform carotid arterial exams as ordered
- Perform 2D M-Mode Echocardiography exams as ordered
- Perform Trans-Esophageal Echocardiography exams as ordered
- Assists in Intra-operative exams as ordered
- Perform holter monitor exams
- Assist with Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs echocardiograms and stress echos
- Educates patients on procedures. Prepares worksheets that include patient history and technical data from study.
- Skill in performing recognized echo procedures.
- Skill in using computer network system competently to process patient and department information.
- Use of ultrasound equipment, computers,.
- Able to work in a cooperative nature within and outside department with staff, patients, and physicians.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to explain procedures clearly and simply to patients.
- Detailed knowledge of cardiac and vascular anatomy, cardiac disease processes and the effect of the disease process on the cardiac structures and blood flow.
- Proper documentation in the patient medical record as it relates to scope of practice. Properly maintains and organizes records.
- Assists in the quality improvement program of the department and/or hospital
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the cardio pulmonary supervisor in order to maintain the proper function of the cardio pulmonary department
- Complies with hospital policy regarding attendance, time and personal appearance/hygiene.