The MRMC Emergency Department provides initial treatment to patients with a broad spectrum of illnesses and injuries, some of which may be life-threatening and require immediate attention. Our competent staff treats emergency patients and provides support to family members 24 hours a day, seven days a week. MRMC holds a Level IV Trauma Center designation.
As a Level IV Trauma Center, MRMC has demonstrated an ability to provide advanced trauma life support (ATLS) prior to transfer of patients to a higher level trauma center. Our care teams provide expert evaluation, stabilization, and diagnostic capabilities for injured patients.
Elements of Level IV Trauma Centers Include:
- Basic emergency department facilities to implement ATLS protocols and 24-hour laboratory coverage. Available trauma nurse(s) and physicians available upon patient arrival.
- May provide surgery and critical-care services if available.
- Has developed transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or Level II Trauma Center.
- Incorporates a comprehensive quality assessment program
- Involved with prevention efforts and must have an active outreach program for its referring communities.
MRMC is contracted with EmCare Emergency Medicine to provide physicians for our Emergency Department 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
EmCare Emergency Medicine was founded in 1972 in Dallas, and has achieved a reputation for delivering high-quality patient care. They serve more than 480 clients ranging from community hospitals to Level I Trauma Centers. Their client tenure is 10 years; they have 93 percent physician retention and serve more than 50 clients that see over 40,000 visits.
MRMC has formed a Heart Team to provide rapid identification and treatment using a formalized process for the STEMI (ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients. This Team will work together to assess all patients presenting with chest pain to rule out a heart attack or any life threatening cardiac symptoms within 30 minutes or less.
MRMC has developed a rapid response team to quickly identify and treat an acute stroke. Partnering with Memorial Hermann Nischer Neuroscience Institute, MRMC now has one of the most advanced neurological consultation services. Utilizing a robot, Neurologist from Memorial Hermann Medical Center can be in the patient’s room and fully assess the situation. With the collaboration of our physicians, the best treatment plans can be developed and executed.