- Open for outdoor group training classes October 5th through the 19th
- Indoor operations will resume on October 20th
- Call (979) 241-5700 or visit the Wellness Center page for more
- Follow along on Facebook @MRMCwellness
- Download the outdoor group training flyer
Thank you for your patience during these trying times. We are pleased to let you know that we have been approved to re-open for outdoor group training classes starting October 5-19, 2020. After this 2 week period, the inside of the gym will be open and will operate with COVID-19 safety operating procedures.
As we all know, the State of Texas has developed guidelines for us to follow to protect our members and staff. That will cause a few changes in how we operate, although we will do all we can to minimize the inconveniences to you. Note that these changes are only temporary, so please bear with us until we can all be assured that we can resume our normal lives safely. Due to those operating restrictions set by the Governor, we have changed our operating times.
We will initially begin outdoor group exercise classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10/5-10/19:
- Group exercise classes will be held at three different times; 7:15 am, 8:15 am, and 5:00 pm. There also will be an outside yoga class held every Monday at 5:30 pm.
- The group exercises classes will be open to all members and even non-members free of charge.
- Friday hours are 7:00 am-2:00 pm, which will include outside group exercise session along with one on one training.
- From 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. we will be offering individuals the use of our outside equipment (hand held equipment such as dumbbells and bands) and, we will offer one-on-one personal training for our normal rates (except for Fridays).
On Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10/5 to 10/19:
- We will be open for one on one training at our usual rates;
- Members will be able to use the outside equipment.
- Saturdays and Sundays we will be closed until we are open indoors.
For your safety, we have a current participation limit on group exercise classes of just 15 members at one time. Therefore, we are also asking that members please call ahead at 979-241-5700 to sign up for one of the opening slots. You may show up without a reservation but if we have more than 15 people, those who reserved a spot will be admitted first and you may not be admitted if we exceed 15 participants. We also are asking that all members wear a mask at all times except when participating in the classes and exercising on equipment.
During the group exercise classes members will be spaced out at least 6 feet apart. Each piece of equipment will be wiped down before and after use of each class. Please work with us and hopefully, as time passes, we will be able to ease away from some of the restrictions.
If you have special health concerns and don’t feel comfortable about returning please give us a call, and we will work with you to find a solution regarding your membership.
During the month of October members will not be charged and individuals can participate free of charge. If you have friends or family members who have wanted to check out the Wellness Center, this is a great time to do so. We encourage everyone to see how we can offer safe, fun and effective exercise in this difficult time.
If you have any questions or concerns just give us a call here at the Wellness Center; we will be here Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00 pm. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon
In Good Health,
Ronnie Arnold, Jr. and Adam Gomez
MRMC Wellness Center