Functions as a receptionist and performs general clerical duties on a Nursing Unit. Works closely with Nursing, Medical Staff and ancillary departments. Employee performs within the prescribed limits of the district and department legal compliance program. Is responsible to detect, observe and report compliance variances to their immediate supervisor or upward through the chain of command, the Compliance Officer or District hotline.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Minimum two years basic clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting.
Must be able to ambulate and stand for long periods at a time.
Ability to lift, bend, kneel, reach, push/pull loads required.
Acquires the following competency certification within 3 months of hire: BLS
- Ability to perform in a high stress area.
- Ability to type 40 wpm and prior work experience on computers required
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. (Including legible writing)
- Must be able to interact with all people in a positive, professional manner.
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions and accurately complete assigned duties.
- Must be able to work quietly, independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Must dress professionally according to current dress code policy.
- Must possess a positive, professional attitude at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to tolerate rapid fluctuations in work load.
Maintains high ethical standards. Provides direction to health care team members delivering patient care and customer satisfaction. Shares knowledge with peers and participates in the orientation of new employees. Flexible in meeting the needs of the unit i.e. changes in patient assignments or changes in work schedule. Reports to work at the assigned time. Completes unit assignments in a timely manner. Adheres to unit dress code. Expected to cross train to other units and willingly float to those units when requested to do so. Demonstrates professional behavior.