The Trauma Program Coordinator at MRMC is a registered nurse with expertise in trauma nursing practice who is responsible for the development, implementation, operation and evaluation of the Trauma Program. The Trauma Program Coordinator is responsible for the organization of services and systems necessary for a multidisciplinary approach to providing care to injured patients. The Trauma Program Coordinator also works both independently and in collaboration with the Trauma Program Medical Director, multidisciplinary health care team and management staff. This position assumes day-to-day responsibility for process and performance improvement activities as they relate to nursing, registry and injury prevention staff.
The Trauma Program Coordinator is considered a technical expert in the trauma field and is responsible for oversight of a highly complex patient population and program. Activities associated with this role have organizational, local, regional, state, and national impact. The Trauma Program Coordinator maintains high ethical standards. Provides direction to health care team members delivering patient care. Shares knowledge with peers and participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Current Texas license as Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of 3 years Clinical Experience in trauma and/ or emergency care.
- Must have one of the following:
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)
- Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (TCRN)
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN).
- Bachelors degree in Nursing is preferred or related trauma program experience and or leadership experience.