- Performs, analyzes, interprets, and confirms testing of samples (Analytic) using a wide variety of laboratory procedures
- Observes reactions and makes/records readings of test results
- Verifies and finalizes test results, evaluates collected laboratory data, and produces and distributes test results
- Duties may also include performance of procedures associated with procurement of specimens from patients.
- Works with minimal direction; Consults with other technical staff, Senior Technologist(s), Clinical Laboratory Director and/or Pathologist(s) as needed.
- Operates general laboratory equipment
- Ability to read and analyze technical reports.
- Ability to perform audits and collect data for further analysis and apply problem-solving skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Biological, Physical or Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology or equivalent with registration as a Medical Technologist/ or equivalent; with current registration through one of the licensed agencies is preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of experience, education and with the eligibility for high complexity testing.
- An Associate’s degree in Medical Technology [CLIA] approved program with registration in H.E.W. as a MT.
- High School Diploma with appropriate clinical training and documentation with registration in H.E.W. as a MT.