The Senior Clinical Systems Analyst participates in the analysis, development and testing of workflows, system configuration, application deployment and support, change documentation and support of staff on application functionality related to Information Systems and Applications within the MIS department. The Senior Clinical Systems Analyst is responsible for highly complex applications, providing consultative IT advice to departmental and organizational leadership, and guiding other employees within the department. The position will also be required to assist in directing the strategic plan in the support and evolution of complex systems.
The Senior Clinical Systems Analyst is responsible for all aspects of the following responsibilities as well as guiding other employees who may be performing these duties.
- System analysis, design, and implementation of software systems where applicable.
- Installation and support of applications.
- Work with users at various level of the organization to determine operational needs and information processing options.
- Perform continual assessment of available application enhancements and requirements to facilitate continued improvements in software capability as required to meet the goals prioritized by MCHD.
- Serve as liaison between stakeholders and vendor representatives during application research and design process. In addition, coordinate implementation of applications between user groups.
- Coordinate with other team members and prepare for implementation and support of new and existing applications.
- Provide initial and potential ongoing user training and education for users in the operation of new system applications.
- Provide on-going user support and/or assist in education for enhancements to existing applications.
Minimum Associate Degree/Diploma Nursing
Preferred Bachelor Degree in Nursing
Minimum 5 years acute care hospital experience
Preferred 7-10 years electronic medical record systems admin experience; Meditech user experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
Minimum Current Texas Registered Nurse Licensure
Preferred Clinical applications certification or equivalent