Responsible for the timely and efficient billing of all claims. performs other related activities to assure clean filing of claims and ultimately, reimbursement for services rendered. Works closely with other department to achieve results in billing and collecting. Assumes responsibility for designated areas as required. Stays abreast of all state and federal regulations. Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- One year billing experience preferred (preferably in a medical field)
- Computer Skills
- Must be able to reconcile figures quickly.
- Must be able to reconcile patient’s account.
- Reviews claims for registration/billing errors, overlapping days, CPT code errors, PT notes etc. before submitting to payor.
- Prepare all debits, credits and adjustment requests from Business Office to give to Supervisor for posting.
- Bill and follow-up on all IP/OP claims electronically and manually as necessary.
- Bill and follow-up on all Client bills monthly.
- Reviews EOB’s, RA’s, R&S’s, EOMB’s for status, errors or denial and forwards to appropriate personnel fur further work.
- Customer Service Representative in direct relation to billing questions/concerns from patients or other payors.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
- Prepares reports as directed.
- Responds to fluctuations in workloads, flexible in view of interruptions, is steadily a productive employee.
- Works credit balances daily.