The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations human resource department.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for day-to-day operations of the human resources department including onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, and other HR components. The Human Resources Assistant works closely with all levels of the organization to provide customer-focused support to achieve Matagorda Regional Medical Center’s goals and objectives.
- Associates degree in related field required
- Prior related office experience preferred
- Prior HRIS experience preferred
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources Director
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Process documents relating to personnel activities (performance evaluations, mandatory education training, position control, payroll changes, etc.)
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc
- Properly manages complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with hiring managers and candidates
- Conduct pre-employment process with potential new employees (background checks, drug screens, etc.)
- Process employee badge and badge access
- Assist in the enrollment of insurance benefits
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Assist with general orientation presentation as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications