We each have the responsibility of maintaining a fraud and abuse free workplace. We each are accountable for what happens around us and are charged with the duty of reporting compliance issues. Under the general direction of the Health Information Management Director the DRG Coordinator is responsible to oversee accurate and appropriate coding of all admission/discharge patient types. Monitors and coordinates all aspects of workflow and processes as necessary for accurate coding of medical records. Assists with other duties as appropriate to ensure the successful and smooth operation of the Health Information Management Department. As a valued and dedicated HIM team member, the DRG Coordinator will at all times: protect the original integrity of all medical records created at MRMC, and safeguard the confidentiality of all patient Protected Health Information (PHI) while following all federal, state, district, and facility HIPAA policies.
- Current credential(s) from either AHIMA or AAPC, pending eligibility considered;
- Three years of recent acute care hospital Inpatient and Outpatient coding experience;
- Excellent knowledge of current coding guidelines, computer applications, including 3M Encoder, Microsoft Office products, Meditech a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, surgeries, and treatment;
- Excellent communication and problem resolving skills