- Installs and configures computer workstations and local area networks, operates them, monitors their performances, diagnoses and solves their problems.
- Install and configure local area data communications networks which may carry data, voice and video communications following organization standards.
- Install, operate and maintain network services, routers, concentrators, hubs, switches, modems and other network devices following technical plans.
- Resolve network communications problems to ensure user’s access.
- Install or repair Windows computers with standardized applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their operations.
- Respond to user questions and explain the operation of network applications and equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of standards and documentation.
- Offering technical support on-site or via phone or email
- Setting up computer security measures
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Candidates with one (1) year directly related experience, including installing and supporting local area networks and workstations preferred.
- Software certifications preferred.