The Matagorda Regional Medical Center has implemented several temporary changes to our daily operations. These temporary changes are designed to limit the spread of COVID-19 within our community without reducing access to care. Here are a few things we’d like to share which are effective immediately.
- The front doors of the hospital will remain locked in the coming weeks. All patients and visitors will enter the hospital from the rear by using the Emergency Room or the Healing Garden entrances.
- The cafeteria will remain closed to the public until further notice. Coffee and tea service in other public areas of the hospital may be suspended if deemed appropriate by infection control professionals.
- There will be a limit of one visitor or companion per patient unless medical necessity dictates otherwise.
- The gift shop will remain closed until further notice.
- The MRMC Wellness Center will be closed until further notice.
- All patients and visitors entering the hospital are subject to immediate screening. Patients and visitors with a fever of 100.4 or higher will be redirected as appropriate.
- All patients and visitors entering the Doman Freeman Phillips Medical Office Building are subject to immediate screening. Patients and visitors with a fever of 100.4 or higher will be redirected as appropriate.
- Some nonessential medical services such as elective surgeries will be postponed. Our associates are already reaching out to those who need to be rescheduled.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding while we do our part in reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. And remember, If you or someone in your care believes they have a medical condition which may be related to COVID-19, call your medical provider first about seeking medical attention. Walk-in physician office, walk-in convenient or urgent care, and walk-in emergency room visits are not appropriate and may put others at risk. Calling ahead allows your medical provider to help you gain access to the most appropriate care in the fastest, safest way possible.